- Optimal blend for rapid growth and long term health of mushroom cultures.
- Rapid growth, easy adaptation to grain and bulk materials.
- Energy from malt extract and essential nutrients from yeast extract.
- Activated charcoal for waste control and improved visibility.
- Ideal for sensitive cultures and difficult-to-grow-species.
Malt Extract Yeast Charcoal Agar is a blend of ingredients designed to promote optimal growth of mushroom mycelium. Malt extract provides energy, yeast extract delivers essential nutrients, and activated charcoal absorbs waste. The result is a culture media which produces rapid growth and easy adaptation to grain and bulk materials.
The addition of yeast extract and activated charcoal to the classic Malt Extract Agar improves long-term culture health and viability. The rich black color of the agar enhances the visibility of mycelium for easy monitoring of your cultures. This agar is ideal for sensitive cultures, difficult-to-grow species, and recovery of bacterially contaminated cultures.